Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 pop up window
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Joakim
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - August 29 2013 :  11:14:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know how to create a pop up window in vp-asp?
Is there any add-on or other simple solution to this?
I need this pop-up window to ensure the visitor selects his country before shopping
We already have the country function on our site, but visitor forget to click on it, so I guess its just a matter of a pop-up window with a link to this?
Does anybody know about a solution for this?

Thanks in advance

regards
Joakim

serjtankian
VP-CART Super User

Armenia
378 Posts

Posted - September 10 2013 :  22:40:08  Show Profile  Visit serjtankian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
is it kind like choosing country from dropdown list ? i think you can add form validation using javascript
Go to Top of Page

Joakim
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - September 11 2013 :  05:09:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, we do have that down country list in our menu bar
However, a developer made us a special function because we wanted to show different product prices regarding to specific countries. But the problem is that visitors forget to choose their country when coming to our site, so my idea is to ensure this by a pop-up window .

How can this be done?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - September 12 2013 :  08:53:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Joakim,

I think you can do this with a session check for the customer''s country when the home page loads. If the session check returns empty then you can display a standard javascript pop up window alerting the customer to choose a country before shopping. You can add the check and pop up code to the shoppageheader.htm file.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - September 17 2013 :  05:22:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
better put the country selection in landing page (i mean the first time your customers see the page ) and once selected, you pass the country selected into session. should be easy and no need such jscript. what do you think ?

DIego.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00