Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Ajax Shipping Doesn''t Always Work
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

max
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - November 13 2012 :  22:22:58  Show Profile  Visit max's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi fellow users,

Was/Is it a problem for you that real-time shipping info doesn't always show up?

I've implemented the Canada Post add-on and can get shipping options back from Canada Post on the check-out page most of the time, but not always. Sometimes, I only get "Canada Post" with no options or prices in the drop-down list. I can usually get the options by refreshing the pages a couple of times. What gives?

Is there a solution?

Here is my web site: www.wattaplane.com

Thanks for your attention.

Best regards,

Max

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - November 22 2012 :  04:11:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey Max, some considerations that might be causing this :
- not all your products having weight. plz check all products have weight
- you entered invalid zip code maybe ?

Diego.
Go to Top of Page

max
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - November 29 2012 :  15:45:28  Show Profile  Visit max's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by diegomilito

hey Max, some considerations that might be causing this :
- not all your products having weight. plz check all products have weight
- you entered invalid zip code maybe ?

Diego.

Hi Diego,

Thanks for your reply.

Weight or zip code doesn't cause the problem because I find I can get the rates back from the postal server by simply refreshing/reloading the page.

Nobody else is having such a problem? I am implementing USPS now and having a similar problem.

Regards,

Max

Edited by - max on November 29 2012 15:48:01
Go to Top of Page

max
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - November 29 2012 :  22:14:08  Show Profile  Visit max's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, I think I've found the cause.

The code will get into no-ajax mode if the checkjavascript session value is not set to "yes," which doesn't happen automatically with my v7 code received almost two years ago.

In the code that I have just received, I see <% checkJavaScript %> inside the body tag in the shoppage_header.htm, which seems to be able to solve my problem.

By the way, it looks like the solution actually came from a fellow member, Manilow of France. Thank you, Erik!

Regards,

Max

Edited by - max on November 29 2012 22:16:45
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00