Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 VAT (TAX) display on shopexd.asp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

qacomputing
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - August 08 2011 :  03:26:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Question ....

When a customer is logged in the Price including VAT and excluding VAT display fine under the Our Price, Code and stock level values.

However, when the cart is running under the guest account it only displays the Our Price, Code and stock level values, no including or excluding vat amounts.

I'd like the including and excluding vat prices to always display, but can't figure it out.

Shop Configuration Taxes values are as follows;

xcanadagstregno=""
xtaxbyproduct=""
xtaxeu="Yes"
xtaxexcludeproducts=""
xtaxexcludeproductsdb=""
xtaxfreeproducts="No"
xtaxincludedinprice="Yes"
xtaxincludediscount="Yes"
xtaxincludeshipping="Yes"
xtaxshippingstate="No"
xvatcountry="UK"
xvatnumber="No"

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - August 17 2011 :  01:07:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont think you can do that logic. since that VAT (TAX) is based on country where customer are from, the customer have to be logged in to the cart site so the system can determine which country the customer are from and display the correct VAT tax. If you want Guest login (unlogged in customer) to also see the Price including VAT and excluding VAT, how can the system can determine it.

hope so can help you with the logic.

Diego M.
Go to Top of Page

Kessa
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - July 06 2012 :  18:29:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm glad I found this post as I've beeen scratching my head with exactly the same problem and I couldn't figure out why yesterday I could see the price with & without VAT, and today I couldn't. It took me ages to realise it was because I must have been logged in (that could be really confusing for regular visitors to a store.)

It's good to know the logic behind this too though as that also makes sense.

As a possible solution for both sides, is it possible to set a default Tax rate/country?
For example, if you're based in the UK and you do most of your trading in the UK, then have the UK VAT rate set as the default (which would be displayed to Guest users), and then, if the user is logged in with a different country (or changes their country during the checkout process), update the value on the confirmation screen to use the new Tax rate?

What do you think? ( and is there a way to do that using the current system?)

Alternatively, how about using the same IP lookup as used by the fraud checker as it's already doing the work of checking for the country?

Edited by - Kessa on July 06 2012 19:17:44
Go to Top of Page

manilow
VP-CART New User

France
134 Posts

Posted - July 07 2012 :  07:27:31  Show Profile  Visit manilow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kessa,

Our web site displays VAT excl. and incl. prices, whether you're logged in or not. I added a drop down menu at the top of every page allowing visitors to select their home country. The default value is our home country (France).

Visitors in the European Union will see both VAT values, while others will only see one price, ie. VAT excl.

In the same way, when adding a product to the shopping cart, taxes and shipping cost are calculated without the need for a visitor to be registered previously.

These options need some extra coding; it might be an idea for future VPASP releases?

Erik
www.AquaThermia.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00