Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 DB update Error message, please help!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

motonet
VP-CART New User

Spain
79 Posts

Posted - November 03 2010 :  15:12:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I´m upgrading from Access to MySQL in 6.50.

I´m importing the table data almost without problems (I already imported categories, features, configuration..) but when I try to import the products table I get this message:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'indate'

shop$db.asp, line 1287

But the strange is that some of the records, the first 500 are imported, but I have noted that in the data imported is missing the Date Added record (cdateadded) and the Date Last Update (cdateupdated) although they are present in the .txt file (the exported from Access)

I have to import 5000 records in total in the products table.

Any Idea?

Thanks
Diego

Renners
Starting Member

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - November 04 2010 :  11:05:10  Show Profile  Visit Renners's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Date fields I've always found difficult to import, I always delete them from the import file in Excel before importing.

I would assume you have an incompatiable date exported from Access (most likely in MS Date Number format) and as it does not match with your MySQL field it gets rejected with null put in its place.

You have a couple of choices, do as I do and delete them, I use the default setting of the SQL field to set mine by setting it to Date() or whatever MySQL would expect (I'm on SQL server) so whenever I import the file the cdateupdated equals the day i imported it.

If this is not practiable then you will have to write some SQL script or export and import via another program to set the dates to the required import format.

Regards,
Renners
Go to Top of Page

motonet
VP-CART New User

Spain
79 Posts

Posted - November 08 2010 :  05:54:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Renners: I´ve tried deleting the data in cdateadded cdateupdated but nothing has changed. Now, I´m trying to import the data manually.

Thanks

Diego
Go to Top of Page

Renners
Starting Member

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - November 08 2010 :  10:32:25  Show Profile  Visit Renners's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Make sure you delete the entire column including the header field otherwise it will not work.

Regards,
Renners
Go to Top of Page

motonet
VP-CART New User

Spain
79 Posts

Posted - December 12 2010 :  12:37:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I´m still working on it. What I´ve done to solve this problem, was change the separetor when I exported the data from semicolon (;) to vertical bar(|).

The problem appears to be that the descriptions in some products, have semicolons and the import/export facility interpreted them as separators, moving the data to the next cell.

Now I´m having other little problem, but that is for other topic

Regards
Diego

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00