Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Coupon Codes - exclude certain customer groups
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rebeccaruthbrown
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - October 26 2010 :  05:40:01  Show Profile  Visit Rebeccaruthbrown's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,
We use v6.5 and I am experimenting with coupons, but need to be able to exclude some trade customers from using them.

We use the field contacttypeid in individual customer records to group customers - basically retail customers have that field left blank, and all trade customers have a numerical entry (2,3 or 4 depending on the prices they pay).

I'd like to set up coupons which allow me to exclude any customer with a certain contactytypeid - normally, this would mean allowing a retail customer to use the coupon, but excluding anyone with a contacttypeid of 2, 3 or 4. Can the couponother field be set up to work in this way, so I just type the list of 'excluded' contact type ids in there? I know I can type in the customer ids which ARE allowed but only individually and I want to apply the coupon to about 2000 customers.

Then if a customer with one of the excluded contactypeids tries to use a code, they get a message saying 'sorry, not available to trade customers' or something similar.

If possible, I'd also make the codes one use per customer, which I know is not possible in standard VPASP.

I am not big on coding and in the past have got customization done by a developer - our cart is already fairly heavily customized. Anyone able to help on this? I look after most things myself, but need a friendly developer who can do bits and pieces like this which are a bit beyond my skills! Many thanks in advance.

Rebeccaruthbrown
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - October 27 2010 :  04:06:28  Show Profile  Visit Rebeccaruthbrown's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Think we are sorted with this now! Thank you Creative Chaos...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00