Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Where do you HOST?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GMCDesign
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - August 04 2010 :  13:14:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

I'm currently hosting with IX-Webhosting. They seem great but I'm having problems with the cart losing sessions - the cart items disappear, etc....

I prefer Microsoft SQL as my database - but not married to it. I would go MySQL, but not access. Since the cart is written in ASP, I like the idea of staying with a Microsoft database.

Where are you hosting? I'm looking for something obviously depndable and works well with the VPASP cart...

Thanks for any informaiton!

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - August 04 2010 :  13:18:37  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use www.alentus.com. Very stable and reliable. Also familiar with the VPASP system and very responsive to tech/support issues.

Also, in reference to your session timeout issue. Here is an answer I got from VPASP Helpdesk and it has fixed my session problems so far:

This issue usually occurs if your web hosting company has your site running in a "Web garden" setup where your site is shared between multiple processes/servers. Another possibility is if you are assigned to an application pool that has too many sites assigned to it causing each site to be intermittently recycled.

You would need to ask your web hosting company to make sure that your site is not assigned to a web garden type setup and to assign it to your own application pool that has recycling disabled and the recycler process set to recycle your site only once at a set time during the day.

Other possibility is if your site has its timeout configuration set at a low number. You would need to ask your web hosting company and set it at 20 minutes. This will need to be configured in IIS. By default, the timeout is set at 5 minutes.

Edited by - chrisredco on August 04 2010 13:20:38
Go to Top of Page

GMCDesign
Starting Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - August 04 2010 :  16:15:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply -

I've already jumped through the hoops with my host about this. I'm in a dedicated pool, and they refuse to change the timeout - they won't even tell me what it is....so....

That's why I'm shopping around before my 30 days is up, so I can get a refund.
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - August 05 2010 :  03:49:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

although we are based in the UK, we're with VP-ASP for our hosting now. We switched over a year ago when our previous host actually refused to resolve our session loss issues. The VP-ASP team are excellent and any problems that we have experienced (which have been very few) have been dealt with quickly and courteously, and of course they know the software inside and out. I would highly recommend them to host your site.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00