Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 How to allow members only to shop otherwise offer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fashionista101
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  12:04:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Is this possible or someone could help me on this? I want a members only shopping site. If they are a member they can login and shop. If they are not a member or not a registered user, they are offered a membership product before they can shop?

For example: Both members and non members can view the products for sale. Then say you want to buy a shirt. If you are a member you just login and shop to buy that shirt. If you are not, you are offered a membership product.

Is there a workaround on this or any suggestions how to do this? I'm open to any suggestion. Thanks!

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  03:37:38  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

I have just replied to your email into support as well.

This would take a combo of custom code and the new VPASP 7.0 Customer Group feature.

The custom side is to check if a customer is approved or not and to display the membership products if not.

VPASP 7.0 has a very advanced customer grouping system that allows you to create filters such as the following:

If someone has purchased product 123 in previous 12 months then offer 20% discount
If someone has purchased product 456 in previous 12 months then offer 25% discount

And so on.

So if you create different membership products you can offer different discounts to your customers depending on what they sign up for.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00