Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Force Affiliate
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jloberg1
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  22:30:21  Show Profile  Visit jloberg1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are there any easy ways to get VPASP to force the customer to choose a Affiliate ID before using the site?

Long story short, the site does not sell to the public and only via affiliates. I want the end user to pick their affiliate before shopping.

I am thinking I might be able to read the cookie and if there isn't one I can prompt the user to pick their affiliate from a list. Are there any other ideas?

Jerry
Photo-Crystal.com • PromoShowcase.com

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 16 2010 :  20:52:53  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jerry,

You can set up the checkout so there is a drop down with all affliates that the cutomer can select from.

Go to the online Software Configuration section of the admin:

Advanced Settings » Software Configuration

Search for:

xaffcustomerform

You can use the search box and just enter this to bring up the field.

Set this to yes.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

jloberg1
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - June 03 2010 :  09:15:58  Show Profile  Visit jloberg1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Taking this further...
Conceptually I want to offer everyone the same discount, however I also need to make sure that the affiliate gets 'credit' for the sale. So I originally asked about the force affiliate. That idea works, but I haven't found a way to FORCE the customer to pick the affiliate in order to check out.

So the next thought was to use a coupon. Then tie that coupon code to the affiliate. This works fairly well. BUT the discounted prices do not show up on the website until check out. Meaning a customer may have a budget of $100 and when the products get to $100 they stop looking and check out. Then the coupon kicks and as a result, they could have had spent more. Also with the coupon concept, the customer MUST enter the coupon on each return visit where as if they signed up as a customer the affiliate ID is already tagged to that customer. So if they forget to use the coupon code, they get upset and it becomes a customer service nightmare!

Ideally what I want is to show the discounted price but force the customer to pick an affiliate before they check out. This way the affiliates feel comfortable sending their customers to our website knowing they will get their 'commission'.

What is the best way to do this? Can I force VPASP to make the affiliate drop down to be a required field?

Jerry
Photo-Crystal.com • PromoShowcase.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00