Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Windows 7 setup
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - May 05 2010 :  18:41:30  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have upgraded to windows 7 ultimate and trying to get my localhost going. The progress bar at the bottom just sits there and will never get to the end. I have set all permission in IIS , the permissions on all files and yet no dice. I can access certain sections of my localhost by typing in for example " localhost/admin " this will give me a list of all the files in that directory so i know IIS is working. I have tried to start a new installation and when i get to the database connection in setup i get this message ' Invalid Database Connection. Please make sure database parameters are correct." I know i have all the permissions set but it still won't connect. Does anybody have any experience with windows 7 at all . I would like to know what the heck i am missing :)
Thanks in advance.

Update... I removed windows 7 and installed XP spend 3 hours and got things to where they should be ..... took me 2 minutes to get IIS going and my local host is good to go ....... God must have designed windows XP cause i can't imagine Bill gates designing it seeing the crap he put out with vista and 7

Edited by - windsurfer on May 06 2010 16:17:58

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  12:38:43  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Wil

I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 7 and used the following helpnote once done to successfully set up VPCart locally:

http://helpnotes.vpasp.com/shopexd.asp?id=914#914

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  09:03:25  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam
I just bought a new computer hpe 150f and worked with it for 3 days with windows 7 on it. Timed various events and tried to setup my local host without any luck. I dumped windows 7 and instaaled Xp...... works like a charm, easy to use, IIS setup in 2 minutes. and best of all it is so much faster than windows 7. Especially graphics program and program loading.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  21:02:15  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Wil,

At the risk of moving off topic I actually quite like Windows 7. I am generally a fairly slow adopter of new systems but decide to upgrade to 7 on the day it was released. So far except for a couple of quirks which are annoying i find I really quite like it.

XP is quicker though.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00