Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 How to create a new temp tut
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

elvis
VP-CART Super User

202 Posts

Posted - July 01 2008 :  11:59:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am reading the vpasp650 user manual to learn how to create a new template. But it is a very dry and dictionary tpye manual and does not tell me any example how to make one.

Does anyone know website or link I can go through a tutorial to learn it?

Thanks in advance.

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - July 02 2008 :  06:19:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I think the best way of learning how the VP-ASP templates are formatted is to open the file tmp_productformat.htm in an html or text editor and study what information the template contains. Any code that is contained in square brackets [...] means that the info is pulled from a field in the products table (or categories table if you are working with a category template). Any html style tags (for formatting tables and rows) should be listed in the stylesheets/shop.css file. I don't know offhand of any tutorials on this cart's templates but I would certainly recommend making a backup copy of tmp_productformat.htm and then playing about with the template in conjunction with the user manual to see how the display changes. It's the best way to learn.

Any problems you have, we will try and help as much as we can.

Regards

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

elvis
VP-CART Super User

202 Posts

Posted - July 02 2008 :  06:37:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks carfin for your advice. I will start to play around.

I wonder how to change the email replies. There are many txt files such as tmp_customeremail.txt. I assume this is a reply to a customer. How can I add a translation to this? Can I do it from back-end or I need to add text in this file?

Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - July 02 2008 :  07:00:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, tmp_customeremail.txt is used by one of the .asp pages for sending the order confirmation to the customer. If you are using text based e-mail then then use the *.txt mail templates, but html based mail uses the *.htm templates. To add any translations you would have to create new language records and call them in the template with [getlang langnewtranslation] etc.

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00