Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 how to edit [SPECIAL_ORDERBUTTON]
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

XeeShaN
Starting Member

Pakistan
21 Posts

Posted - May 29 2008 :  16:28:37  Show Profile  Visit XeeShaN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi,
i have added some features to one of the product and now at shopexd.asp page, formatting of site is disturbed. formatting is fine for all other products as i didnt add any feature to them. kindly tell me how i can edit [SPECIAL_ORDERBUTTON] to make it correct. below is the link where you can see the alignment is disturbed.

http://corea.awpdc.com/vicdev/samples/shopexd.asp?id=61

button add to cart is away from quantity box now and also radio button text is coming in two line. kindly help.

regards,
XeE!

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - May 30 2008 :  02:47:54  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes; you can replace that template-field with its constituent parts if you want, and that'll then give you more control over the formatting, so you can do it by changing the template (tmp_product.htm) and you won't need to delve into the asp files, see also:
http://vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11488

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

XeeShaN
Starting Member

Pakistan
21 Posts

Posted - May 30 2008 :  13:35:12  Show Profile  Visit XeeShaN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks Simon. But the thing is that this Special Order button contain alot of things, and i want to format those things, tmp_product.htm display only Special Order Button , i can't format whats inside this button like special features, quantity etc..... how i can format these things.

Thanks,
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - May 31 2008 :  00:51:08  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
By replacing the [special_orderbutton] with its constituent parts in tmp_product.htm, you'd get more control over the general formatting.

ie replace [special_orderbutton] in tmp_product.htm with this:

[add_formstart]
[add_productfeatures]
[add_quantity]
[add_orderbutton]
[add_product]
[add_formend]

(take backups first)

and then you can move those around the file to fit the format you're after.
Note that the [add_formstart] must be before the others, and [add_formend] must be after the others, but other than that you can move them around wherever you like and put additional html around them etc.

If you want to then format the individual items which those sub-template fields create then you'd need to delve into shopfileio.asp and alter the corresponding functions, but you wouldn't normally need to do that as you should be able to do most things via the template once you've broken things up.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on May 31 2008 00:53:19
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000