Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Site Suspender for VP-ASP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  17:17:01  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We've just released a new addon which we've found amazingly useful in the past, so we thought we'd package it up and let other people buy it too.

It's our "Site Suspender" addon (which can also be used on non-vpasp systems as it's generic/non-conflicting).

See here for full details:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=147

It's the session-related independance of it, and the password protected override aspect that's the best part; it means that you can swap your xshopid values to anything you like but your site would still remain down when you want it to be; really useful for stuff like upgrades. Means that you can still access everything even though the site's down for everyone else.

And yes, we know all about the shopclosed config option, but we've always needed to use a tool which is independant of the vpasp config settings so that we can swap things around during upgrades/conversions and so that we could access everything (including customer pages) even when normal visitors can't.

And if you haven't downloaded our hacker-check tool, do so now; it's free:

**FREE!** - VP-ASP (V4.5/V5/V5.5/V6/V6.5) SQL Injection Hack Finder:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=146

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on May 14 2007 17:20:06

saki
VP-CART New User

82 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  22:46:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Simon,
Just got your Site Suspender installed. Nice! Simple and very handy.

I like that I can use it on Non-VPASP pages as well.

I just started using it on a few VPASP pages and a catagory section while I work on them without closeing the whole site, most useful for adding new products and checking while keeping the visitors out of the new area.

Thank-you!
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  05:35:41  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Glad you like it; we've also found it really useful. The fact that it's not just connectable to vpasp is a big benefit. It's something that's been one of our internal tools for ages; I'm glad we finally got round to packaging it up.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)