Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Added to mailing list?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikelane
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - December 20 2006 :  02:32:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I've just noticed that when a new customer registers it says "you have been added to our mailing list" at the top of the screen on completion?

This is weird considering i have the mailing list option disabled, surely it should say "your registration was successful" or words to that effect.

Does anyone know why it says that and how to remove/change it?

Cheers

Mike

go4gold
VP-CART New User

151 Posts

Posted - December 20 2006 :  04:05:38  Show Profile  Visit go4gold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike,

I can't answer I'm afraid but I posted a similar query that has no answer yet. When a new user registers, they can choose to opt out of the mailing list by deselecting "Join our mailing list". However, when they hit "continue" they get the same message "You have been added to our mailing list." I guess it may be the same problem which I am worried could have spamming implications.

Hopefully someone can help us both.

Go4Gold
Go to Top of Page

mikelane
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - December 20 2006 :  04:50:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Yeah it does sound like a bug to me.

In my case its even stranger because i have totally disabled the mailing list feature, i.e. the customer can't even choose to opt in/out, yet it still says that they have been added, weird.

Hopefully support will see this post soon.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 20 2006 :  06:20:47  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

You can change the text displayed in the languages table in the admin.

This is simply the default display that shows up but you can change this to whatever you like.

We are changing the message in the next release but you can do this by going to the language section in the admin.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

mikelane
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - December 21 2006 :  02:35:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, that works perfectly. I changed it to read 'Your account has been created successfully'.

Mike
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00