Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Customising text on login page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikelane
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - December 21 2006 :  04:36:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi people,

I'm attempting to customize the heading text on pages, specifically the login page (langcust01).

I'm using the edit language function in admin, and although i have changed the default text it doesn't appear to be applying the changes. And before you say it yes i am obviously pressing the update record button.

Any idea whats going wrong?

The other thing is the font size of these headings, they are rather large, including the text on the search page, any idea how to change that?

Appreciate the help

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - December 21 2006 :  04:41:09  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
make sure you press the "reset language" link/button after making the changes; then they should magically appear.

if you don't do that then they don't seem to take effect regardless of what you do with the actual data.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on December 21 2006 04:42:06
Go to Top of Page

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - December 21 2006 :  04:41:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
everytime you edit the languague you will need to refresh your database, there should be a reset button, that will refresh the database

the font size should be in shop$colors.asp page
Go to Top of Page

mikelane
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - December 21 2006 :  05:18:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

Yeah i tried the reset language but it makes no difference. The changes have definately been saved because if i close the admin and go back in my custom changes are still there, it just doesn't seem to be applying it the the webpage.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - December 21 2006 :  08:21:14  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Could it be cached somewhere between you and your server? Try that CTL + F5 trick I read recently on this forum.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

mikelane
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - December 21 2006 :  09:05:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If i could buy you a pint eric i would. Well done, was just a cache problem. Closed IE7 then did a ctrl-refresh like you suggested and it was all fine. B****rd thing, been trying to sort that all day.

Maybe i'll set up a pint donating vp-asp site.

Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - December 21 2006 :  09:36:10  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No worries. We've all banged our heads on our desks with that problem before.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

mikelane
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - December 21 2006 :  10:00:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a little advice for future regarding refreshing the database, i have recently discovered that the 'reset language' button on the occasional tasks frontend works every time and more effeciently, rather than the reset button within the edit language window.

This was a large cause of my problems as i was making changes and they didn't appear to be updating, using the 'reset language' button rather than the 'reset' button however works everytime, i havent had to clear my IE7 cache since.

Cheers
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00