Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Languages
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - November 14 2006 :  04:33:12  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A bit rusty here. If you edit/create new langauge records through languages setup in the Admin Control Panel, specifying lang as English, does this alter/update shop$language_english.asp?
Also, if you want to make a small language change is it best practice to create a new record, rather than editing the caption for an exiting one?

Edited by - Sharon on November 14 2006 04:52:55

jubjub
VP-CART New User

110 Posts

Posted - November 14 2006 :  17:13:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Depends what you are adding I guess, if you want "Products" to change to something else, then I would go with changing the existing one; as all instances of that will be changed.

As for the shop$language_english.asp file, I think that's only used for importing into the database, so once they are in there, it's redundant. I think languages used to be retrieved from the file rather than from the databse.
Go to Top of Page

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - November 15 2006 :  01:38:56  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wasn't sure because when BYZ changed us from Access to SQLServer I noticed that they had included some of my new langauge records in shop$language_english.asp. Perhaps they were just being extra careful?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00