Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Basic help needed with keywords
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

scvit
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - November 14 2006 :  20:03:37  Show Profile  Visit scvit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, I have read the documentation, not very specific.
I have searched the forums for 'keywords', some good information, but nothing helpfull to me.

I have some products in vpasp 6.0 that i need keywords for.
For example, I sell aprons. If I search for apron, they show up. If I search for aprons, nothing shows up.

I took one product and entered the word 'apron' in the keywords field. I updated the record and even tried reloading the config. But when I do a search on the site for 'aprons', nothing shows up.

Can anyone help me figure this out? Once I get the basics down and see it working, I have to enter keywords for about 5000 products.

Please help help help.

Thanks

Mike

Michael Strauss

jubjub
VP-CART New User

110 Posts

Posted - November 14 2006 :  20:51:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wondering - why would you put "apron" in the keywords field, when you are searching for "aprons"? Shouldn't you put 'aprons' in the keyword field? Make sure you put "keywords" in xsearchfields as well.
Go to Top of Page

scvit
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - November 14 2006 :  21:05:22  Show Profile  Visit scvit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I understand what you are asking. The goal is to put in the most commonly used keyword phrases. Some people may type 'apron' which works, and some may type 'aprons' which doesn't work. The point is, I want to get it to work.

What are xsearchfields? I haven't seen this one in documentation or as a variable in vpasp.

Mike

Michael Strauss
Go to Top of Page

jubjub
VP-CART New User

110 Posts

Posted - November 14 2006 :  21:15:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
xsearchfields is in setup, I think under Products 1
Go to Top of Page

scvit
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - November 14 2006 :  21:58:46  Show Profile  Visit scvit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Found it on Products2. Thank you very much for your help.

Mike

Michael Strauss
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00