Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 Coupon Count
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bertmccallum
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - June 28 2006 :  10:30:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys,

I could be missing something simple but ....

The other method is to use a “use count”. VP-ASP records each time an order has been completed and a coupon has been used. The next time a shopper enters the coupon name, if the use count has exceeded the limit, the customer is notified that the coupon is no longer valid.

I want the user to be able to use the coupon once and that's it. I can't figure out how to apply the rule above. Or does the rule above apply to total coupon count. If so, how can i implent a use once only rule.

Bert

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 03 2006 :  02:16:28  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Bert,

Do you mean you want each customer to be only able to use the same coupon once? If so this would require a customisation.

If you are creating a coupon for a single use only then this can be achieved by inserting the coupon use total in the couponlimit field.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

inkjets-n-toner
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - July 19 2006 :  11:26:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bert,
If I hear your requirement correctly - you would like to allow all your customers the right to use the coupon 1 time.

We have made that modification and it is quite extensive. You need to do a couple of things:
1) You need to create a new table that captures the customer ID and the coupon ID in the Use Coupon routine.
2) You need to read this table in the validate coupon routine and see if a table entry exists for this customer/coupon combination. If it does - this coupon has been used by this customer once already and you need to provide an error message (follow the out of the box code in the routine that checks if the coupon has expired). If it does not exists - allow the coupon to proceed.

Let me know - if you need any additional help or info !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00