Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Suggestions for future release
 Bulk Product Edits
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - June 06 2005 :  13:53:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think this is a neat feature, at least for my particular site.

What would be great, is if the columns could be removed/added depending on one's usage.

For example, having Code (ccode), Name (cname) etc. is excellent, but what I need in a column is Description (cdescription - even if all the text is not visible). I do not need retail price, nor do I need stock column/cells.

I tried messing with shop$colors and shopa_editstock last night, almost got it to work. . . but then managed to screw things up, so replaced the files with fresh copies - back to square one.

I suspect there are others that would find variations of this bulk product entry table very handy, or some means to change columns depending on need. We're all looking for saving time one way or another, this might be a good way - assuming it's possible.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 07 2005 :  07:36:53  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

This is one of the many great features that will be included in VPASP 6.

Thank you.
VPASP Support

Go to Top of Page

seroom
Starting Member

New Zealand
27 Posts

Posted - December 03 2005 :  18:37:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If the columns in bulk edit are going to be configureable that is great.

If not, another very handy column would be the Hide function so one could go down the list and easily turn products on and off.

The current system one has to go into each individual product and when you return to the table you always end up at the first page again and losing where you are up to.

Go to Top of Page

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - December 04 2005 :  11:26:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
....and it would be great if bulk update can do a "bulk update" a category... I had a situation wherein I have to add a new category and move quite a lot of items to that new category. Since bulk update does not work with categories, I have to do it by hand. I hope ver. 6 has this.

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - December 04 2005 :  19:46:24  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Depending on the kind of update you want to do (eg manually typing the details into lots of records, or a single "bang" mass-update on selected records done in the backend), you might find this useful:

http://bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=103

(click on the screenshot to get more shots of how it works)

It lets you do mass-updates and lets you do test-runs first so you can see the old/new values before you apply them. It's only really relevant if you're making a specific change across lots of records (eg increase category x prices by $5 or 5% etc), so it depends on what kind of thing you do as to whether or not you'd find it useful.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)