Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Suggestions for future release
 When''s next version coming out?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

natlus
Starting Member

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - April 21 2005 :  21:02:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know when we can expect a new version to come out? I'm a little hesitant to make changes to the current version if a new version is coming out within a few months.

An approximate time-frame would be nice. Also, if you can mention which features/changes you're working on.

Thanks.

I love vpasp!

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 26 2005 :  09:07:13  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

We hope to release VP-ASP Version 6.0 within 2-3 months, however this is still subject to change. We are in the process of writing up a list of features of the new version, so it should be posted on our website reasonably soon.

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

shopwalla
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - September 01 2005 :  09:09:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When's the next version coming out?

Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - September 05 2005 :  15:53:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An update would be great! Can we expect it this year?

Go to Top of Page

natlus
Starting Member

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - September 06 2005 :  08:06:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ya, i've been checking the site regularly and it mentions v6 coming out soon and has a live demo, but no mention of the release date. Any idea as to when it should be out now? I would like to get a new site up before the christmas time.

I love vpasp!
Go to Top of Page

shopwalla
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - September 07 2005 :  04:53:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if there is anywhere a list of new features that will be added into the new release?

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 10 2005 :  02:19:22  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We are putting together a page of new features at the moment.

A quick summary of the major changes is:

The new version will be a great leap forward for the VPASP Shopping Cart and we are very excited about the new features.

The new release will be a combination of VPASP, YourVirtualStore and OxfordStreet. The YourVirtualStore Shopping Cart can be viewed at www.yourvirtualstore.net.

There will also be many other new features built into the new release on top of the existing functionality.

Some of the major changes are:

a. The inclusion of true multi lingual capabilities so stock control is retained.
b. Product comprison feature
c. Affiliate coupon functionality to allow coupons to be tied to affiliates
d. Muliti currency display
e. Powerful bulk update module that will allow you to update any field within any table in the system.
f. Enhanced administration with increased usability
g. Option to have download link included in email
h. Enhanced import and export functionality
i. Inventory products enhancement to allow for the display of child products such as size or color as dropdowns.
j. Advanced back end search facility
k. plus many more enhancements

We will be posting a link to the new features page as soon as it is completed.

Thank you
VPASP Support
Safe selling........ from the team at VP-ASP.

Go to Top of Page

shopwalla
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - September 10 2005 :  04:31:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you support. Do you now have a release date for the new version?

Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - September 12 2005 :  19:35:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A date (even if tentative) would be a huge help to those of us looking to upgrade.

Go to Top of Page

StevenWWinters
Starting Member

47 Posts

Posted - September 13 2005 :  12:10:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. What do YourVirtualStore and OxfordStreet provide? They appear to be look & feel only. No functional change?

2. Will you continue to support VPASP on a mysql database?

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 16 2005 :  03:20:53  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We are still a fair way off releasing the new version. There have been many changes in both functionality and more importantly useability.

We are very excited about the direction VPASP is taking and we are sure you will be as well.

Both YVS and OxfordStreet make a far greater use of CSS than VPASP and we will be taking this fucntionality across into the VPASP package.

When we are closer to the day we will be posting up a new page outlining the new features and what you can expect.

Thank you
VPASP Support

Go to Top of Page

natlus
Starting Member

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - September 16 2005 :  12:26:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darn it. I was hoping it would be out before christmas

I love vpasp!
Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - September 16 2005 :  22:08:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks VPASP Support,

Is there any chance you can be more specific than ‘a fair way off’? Our management is currently reviewing operations and I fear the uncertainty will lead them to recommend a different package for our planned upgrade...not desirable!

Not sure if anyone else is in a similar situation?

Edited by - Peter on September 16 2005 23:03:32
Go to Top of Page

uksports
Starting Member

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - September 17 2005 :  13:42:37  Show Profile  Visit uksports's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How does the delayed release of the next version affect the cost of upgrades - I bought 5.5 last September with I think a years free upgrades thinking that V6 would be out in the following 12 months - will v5.5 users still get free upgrade to V6 even if we bought more than 12 months ago?

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 18 2005 :  05:45:18  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

Thank you for the interest in the new version!!

This helps me push the development team along to speed things up as we are keen to get it out there for you.

We are still at a minimum 1 to 2 months off. While things have moved along greatly there is still much to do.

We will be asking for Beta testers though if people would like to start registering their interest.

We have not as yet had a policy meeting on any issues dealing with price or upgrade periods. We will be posting on our site when this is finalised.

Thanks!

Cam Flanigan
VPASP Sales

Go to Top of Page

natlus
Starting Member

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - September 21 2005 :  19:18:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Support! 1-2months is fine. Best to release a program with few to no bugs rather than rush it and have many problems.

I'm interested in seeing how the comparison feature works.

Thanks!

I love vpasp!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00