VP-ASP :: Shopping Cart Software

Shopping Cart Software Solutions for anywhere in the World

US/Canada(Toll Free): +1 888 587 2278
Europe/UK: +44 (020) 7193 9408
Australia/New Zealand: +61 3 9016 4497

VP-ASP Shopping Cart Customer Forum

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 address info chopped off
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - May 28 2004 :  22:11:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When customer enters a coma (,) in the address field
when registering, then everything after the comma is chopped off
on the shopcustomer.asp when he checks out.
The cookie has the address in full but when it is read into session variables the information after the comma is lost. Most likely because a comma is used as a separator between fields.
Has anyone fixed this ?

VP-ASP New User

107 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  15:38:16  Show Profile  Visit theringlord's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was just going to ask about the same problem.

I also found that address field 2 doesn;t load in all places where its needed - I have added the code to do this but I likely missed a couple spots
Go to Top of Page


4262 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  01:31:14  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

The comma issue with customer registration will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

The address2 field issue was resolved in the current version- 6.08.

Thank you.


VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  01:35:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I was having the same problem with the commas getting lost after the customer's information was saved to the cookie.

I worked out this fix -
All of the cookie stuff is done in shopsess.asp.

In the sub BuildCookie, I changed this line:

dataarea=dataarea & fieldname & "=" & replace(fieldvalue,",","|")

if fieldvalue > "" then
dataarea=dataarea & fieldname & "=" & replace(fieldvalue,",","|")
dataarea=dataarea & fieldname & "=" & fieldvalue
end if

Then I added some code below the following lines in the RestoreCustomerDetailsCookie sub:

if fields(0) = "Custdiscount" then
fields(1) = replace(fields(1), ".", ",")
end if

Add this code:

if fields(1) > "" then
fields(1) = replace(fields(1), "|",",")
end if

I hope this fix helps you - I look forward to seeing how VP-ASP solve it in the patch.

-- Seb
Go to Top of Page

VP-ASP New User

107 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  08:52:09  Show Profile  Visit theringlord's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the fix for the comma problem! It worked very well.

Edited by - theringlord on May 31 2006 10:22:06
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000