Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 UPS and USPS config
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kkemper
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - March 23 2004 :  18:34:25  Show Profile  Visit kkemper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would like to set up both USPS and APS realtime. I have the USPS working fine but I can not get the UPS to work right.

For the USPS I have the standard weight field= lbs. and the pother2 field = ozs. and it seems to be working ok. (it would be nice to have some logic to convert the ozs. to lbs&ozs before it sends.)

The problem is that most of my items are in ozs with only some in pounds. If al the items in the cart are in ozs(pother2) the upsrealtime says that the wiegth of the cart is 0.

Does anyone have the program logic to get this to work?

Thanks
Kevin

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 23 2004 :  23:52:22  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have an updated version of USPS that allows you to specify separate weight fields for pounds and ounces and leave UPS to use weight field. This is for Vp-ASP 5.0

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

eabrams
VP-CART New User

USA
72 Posts

Posted - March 24 2004 :  19:57:55  Show Profile  Visit eabrams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have found a bug in the USPS ship code the uspostalrealtime.asp defines weight as rs("weight") ands should be rs(weightfield)

change your code below and put 0's in the field you define as pounds.

uspostalrealtime.asp
'EJA changed bug in VPASP code to use weight field which is defined in uspostalconfig.asp
'weight=rs("weight")
weight=rs(weightfield)

uspostalconfig.asp
'eja changed to pother3
const ouncefield="pother2" ' ounces
const weightfield="pother3" ' pounds

Go to Top of Page

kkemper
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - March 26 2004 :  20:53:14  Show Profile  Visit kkemper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. Works great.
I do have another question.
A lot of my weights are .2 or .4 of a lb and I found that in the upsrealtime when it adds up the weight and displays it on the final screen I get a number like .800000002334423 or something like that is there a way to get the number to round up to the nearest lb or at least one decimal place not 12.

Go to Top of Page

eabrams
VP-CART New User

USA
72 Posts

Posted - March 26 2004 :  21:32:09  Show Profile  Visit eabrams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
At the end of uspostalrealtime.asp find
Sub ProcessCartItems

change the following code:

Session("Totalweight")=Totalweight
Session("Totalounces")=TotalOunces

to

'EJA round weight
session("totalweight") = Round(totalweight, 0)
session("TotalOunces") = Round(TotalOunces, 0)

go to www.spws.net for my email.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00