Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Login Screen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pdieppa
VP-CART New User

USA
86 Posts

Posted - October 07 2014 :  14:53:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, before I use my support points, I wanted to ask if anyone has seen this issue before. On and off I have been experiencing an issue where users trying to check out are not presented the Login screen(username and password, or create an account) but instead users are shown a form that shows all the fields (empty of course) including the shipping method. Its like the registration form but this one includes the shipping method.

I can''t really replicate the problem but I end up with many customers that already have an account trying to create a new account.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks
PD

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 07 2014 :  15:03:33  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi PD

This can occur when you are logged into the admin at the same time as you are trying to check out.

If working on both I recommend using a different browser such as Chrome for admin and Firefox for checking out so the sessions do not get corrupted.

Let me know if this doesn''t help.

Thanks

Cam Flanigan
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

pdieppa
VP-CART New User

USA
86 Posts

Posted - October 07 2014 :  15:05:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam,

The issue is that this is also happening to customers. Any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

g3nnin
VP-CART Super User

209 Posts

Posted - October 08 2014 :  13:23:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Have you checked that these options are already enabled?
xLoginSeparatePage
xpromptforlogin
xcustomeruserid
xpassword

Hope this helps!
Go to Top of Page

pdieppa
VP-CART New User

USA
86 Posts

Posted - October 10 2014 :  15:09:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi g3nnin

Checked all these and are set to yes. The way I know this is happening is that my shipping is by state, and I have one option that is only assigned to HI and AK. All other lower 48 states get three additional options. When the login page "breaks", it displays all the shipping options at once. I assume it displays all of them because the form did not have a chance to calculate the shipping, because there is no shipping address yet. At this point is empty.

I know this is happening because I get some orders with no shipping calculated and the ship method that should not be shown based on their state.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00