Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Moving to a Windows 2012 Server
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

webcracker
Starting Member

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - October 02 2014 :  03:58:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am in the process of moving the cart from a windows 2003 server to a windows 2012 server. I have already moved another couple of sites and have resolved a db connection issue..... I am now using the following driver MySQL ODBC 5.2w Driver with the application pool enabled to use 32bit applications. I have modified the shopsessionssubs.asp file to reflect the following:

elseif ucase(xDatabaseType)="MYSQL510" then
mysqlconn="DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 5.2w Driver}; "

Which is the correct driver for the database, however logging into admin, there is a database connection error, and the main store gives a re-direction loop error which I am sure is connection string related. Does anyone know where else in the script needs modifying?

webcracker
Starting Member

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - October 02 2014 :  08:21:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Further to my post I have it sussed. Slight correction to the Driver.... the 32bit driver is: {MySQL ODBC 5.3 Unicode Driver}.
For admin, in the administrator directory, modify config/shop$config.asp to reflect the new database, admin$db.asp is where you change the connection string.

For the normal shop, config/shop$config.asp for the new database details, shop$db.asp is where you change the connection string. I had done shopsessionssubs.asp as mentioned. So far all appears to be working as it should........
Go to Top of Page

pdieppa
VP-CART New User

USA
86 Posts

Posted - October 02 2014 :  09:08:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
webcracker,

What changes if any did you have to make to IIS in 2012?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

webcracker
Starting Member

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - October 02 2014 :  11:02:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have migrated a few sites, so this might not be specific to VPASP. Assuming you have installed classic ASP for IIS8, UnderIIS - ASP - enable parent paths. the application pool of your domain. Go to Advance Settings and enable 32-bit applications if you are using an access database. The driver I have specified for the MySQL database....MySQL ODBC 5.3 Unicode Driver was installed by the server team to overcome an issue I had with another script. Otherwise from what I can remember MySQL ODBC 5.2w Driver was present and working with 32-bit applications set to false prior to me installing VPASP. The whole process has been a bit of a trial and error.

IIS - Error Pages ''500'' edit feature settings, change to detailed errors. Handy for trying to tie down why things weren''t working.

There was a file size upload issue which I had to overcome for another site...now set larger as default for all new sites I create...
IIS - ASP - Behaviour - Limits Properties - Maximum Requesting Entity Body Limit: add a couple of zeros to increase the limit from 200kb

Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00