Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Newsletter always unsubscribes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

[email protected]
VP-CART New User

149 Posts

Posted - May 17 2013 :  16:43:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone else has this problem.

We recently started using the VPASP newsletter feature with the subscribe textbox in the customer order form.

The problem is, is that the box is *always* deselected when a customer gets to the order portion. No matter which browser I try it on (or even multiple orders on the same browser) it always defaults to ''unchecked'' which means that in order for our customer to be on the newsletter list, they must check the box on their first order (to subscribe) each and every time they subscribe. If they leave it unchecked, the db will unsubscribe them (leaving a null value in the field).

I looked a bit at the code and saw VPASP has an if statement that is supposed to help regulate this but it doesn''t apper to do be functioning correctly.

Personally, I would have opted for a radio button style that would record either a yes (1), or no(0), to subscribing and only put in a null value if they never answered because then I could at least look at the rows that are not 1 and see which ones intentionally said "no" (0) vs those who just didn''t bother to answer.

In any case, shouldn''t the current newsletter be looking each time it reaches the order page to see what the current newsletter setting and then check or uncheck the box as needed? There seems to be code for this distinction but nothing is working.

manilow
VP-CART New User

France
134 Posts

Posted - May 18 2013 :  07:01:42  Show Profile  Visit manilow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I remember I faced the same problem and applied two modifications:

In shopcustomerform.asp, sub AddMailList, around line 336:

if GetSess("blnmaillist") = "False" or GetSess("blnmaillist") = "" or GetSess("blnmaillist") = "0" then

changed by:

if blnmaillist = "False" or blnmaillist = "" or blnmaillist = "0" or blnmaillist = "Faux" then

It should not check the session variable but the local variable. I added "Faux" since our site is in french.

In the SaveCustomerDetailsCookie subroutine in shopsess.asp, the following line was missing:

BuildCookie cookfield, "maillist", blnmaillist

I hope this will solve your problem.

Kind regards,

Erik
www.AquaThermia.com
Go to Top of Page

[email protected]
VP-CART New User

149 Posts

Posted - June 03 2013 :  14:40:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Erik,
I tried your suggestion but it still isn''t working.

I have:

if blnmaillist = "False" or blnmaillist = "" or blnmaillist = "0" or blnmaillist = "NULL" then
blnmaillist = FALSE
else
blnmaillist=TRUE
end if

if blnmaillist = TRUE then%>
<input type="checkbox" name="blnmaillist" value="TRUE" checked="checked" />
<%else%>
<input type="checkbox" name="blnmaillist" value="TRUE" />
<%
end if
in shopcustomerform.asp

and

BuildCookie cookfield, "maillist", blnmaillist in shopsess.asp

When i place an order, I can put in a checkmark and it will mark the newsletter table as 1 (and even if I fail to a shipping option, it returns to the page as ''checked'') but if I log out and log back in again, the checkbox is gone, my response.write blnmaillist test line shows up as 0 even though the newsletter table has the customer marked as 1

wonder if I can force a check to ensure it is getting the latest db info.
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - June 15 2013 :  03:37:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
to sunshore, i dont have such issue mentioned by u. i tried on my personal vpasp store, if i already checked the "subscribe to newsletter", if i logging out and back, the check still there, i did not see how it can unchecked automatically on next order pages.

diego.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00