Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Product report shirt sizes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dick
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - September 22 2009 :  17:16:59  Show Profile  Visit Dick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is there a way to report on the sale of shirts by sizes. I can use the product reports to see what type of shirt sold but no report on the total of each size sold for that type.

creativechaos
VP-CART New User

Australia
64 Posts

Posted - September 23 2009 :  02:31:34  Show Profile  Visit creativechaos's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Dick,

You could run custom reports using VPASP's Advanced Query tool in the admin.

In your admin click on Advanced > Advanced Query.

In the query box, you need to provide a SQL Query that will return the results you are after.

For example if you want to know how many orders there were with feature id "4" (which may relate to a particular size of shirt), you can run a query like:

select count(*) as totalsold from oitems where features='4'

The '4' relates to the "id" value in the prodfeatures table (you can find this by going to Products > Product Features in your admin). You will need to find the id of the feature you wish to report on and update the query with the correct id.

You can further refine the query so that it gives you the total of a particular feature sold for a particular product by adding the catalogid of the product to the query.

eg:

select count(*) as totalsold from oitems where features='4' and catalogid=1

If you need help putting together a query let me know and I should be able to point you in the right direction.

Cheers,

Michael Dunkley
Creative Chaos
http://www.creativechaos.com.au
Go to Top of Page

Dick
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - September 23 2009 :  08:30:03  Show Profile  Visit Dick's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Michela,

I tryed this and it did work..
select count(*) as totalsold from oitems where features like '%7%' and catalogid=56

This is just one of the totals I need, is there a way to save the query on line to run each day?

Dick
Go to Top of Page

creativechaos
VP-CART New User

Australia
64 Posts

Posted - September 24 2009 :  06:47:58  Show Profile  Visit creativechaos's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Dick,

Using the like '%7%' clause in your SQL query will match on any feature that has the number 7 in it (ie 7, 17, 27 etc)

It may not be an issue in the case of the product you are currently reporting on, but if a product had for example feature id's 71 and 72 both applied to it, the query would report total sales for both features combined into a single amount.

Unfortunately there's no way in the current version of VPASP to save queries (although this is I believe coming in v7). Without customization you'd need to keep a record of the queries you want to run and then put them each through the Advanced Query tool in VPASP.

I would be happy to put together a quote for you to implement either a saved query manager, or a tailored reports page for you.

If you are interested, feel free to get in touch at http://creativechaos.com.au/contactus.htm

Cheers,

Michael Dunkley
Creative Chaos
http://www.creativechaos.com.au
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00