Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 customer discount
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

abbaroo
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - August 01 2009 :  01:57:55  Show Profile  Visit abbaroo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have customers who login and have different discount percentages for each customer, but that discount would apply to all products.

Is this sort of thing possible in vp-asp? If so, how do I do it?

g3nnin
VP-CART Super User

209 Posts

Posted - August 03 2009 :  13:16:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

You could enter that unique discount percentage into "discount" field inside customers table.
Go to Top of Page

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - September 08 2009 :  23:18:27  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
xcustomerprices
chapter 12.4 will allow you many pricing levels

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
Institute for Higher Learning
[email protected]
http://www.ironhawker.com
425-828-0738
Go to Top of Page

abbaroo
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - September 21 2009 :  16:07:13  Show Profile  Visit abbaroo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've tried entering that value in the discount field in the customers table. I entered 20, for a 20 percent discount, but when I view the shoppping cart, it still show the regular price, not the discounted price.
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - September 22 2009 :  05:43:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To achieve what you want, ironhawker is right, you need to set up records in the customerprices table for each customer. When you are adding a percentage value for 20% you have to enter 0.2 in the discountpercent field. You can restrict which categories or products the discount applies to by entering the id numbers in categoryid and catalogid fields. If you want the customer to have a 20% discount across all your products just leave the categoryid and catalogid fields blank.

Hope this helps,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

abbaroo
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - September 23 2009 :  14:53:25  Show Profile  Visit abbaroo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, that does help. Thank you for the info. I'll make sure to put it in the customerprices table.
I see that the discount doesn't actually show up until you go to process the order, which is fine.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00