All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Sub Procedure or Function Placement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - August 27 2009 :  01:45:30  Show Profile  Visit DiioiaMD's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Where do I put a sub or function so that I can call it in my html templates by simply using [MySub]?

I'm trying to create a sub that creates a record set of all sub-products with ccategory like catalogid (where catalogid is the id of the parent product.)

United Kingdom
1898 Posts

Posted - August 27 2009 :  02:02:21  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
in shopfileio.asp you'd call your function from the Sub ProcessKeyword or Sub DoSpecialFormating functions (first one for a template-field with no arguments, or the second one for a template-field with an argument), ie you'd add a new case statement inside that function to add the new template-field, and then define/create the corresponding function to do it elsewhere (usually within shopfileio.asp itself)

or, a possible alternative is to use our template-field addon, which is a nitty-gritty development tool that we use-for/include-in all our addons which create template fields and which comes with examples/instructions:

Simon Barnaby
[email protected]
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000