Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Showing Quantity Discounts in 6.5
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - August 25 2009 :  08:37:53  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am beginning the process of Upgrading from 5.0 to 6.5. Obviously, both versions allow you to enter Quantity Discounts for specific products. As I start looking through the new 6.5 files, it strikes me odd that there is still no default template or area that automatically allows these quantity discounts to be displayed on a product page, like shopexd.asp.

What I've had to do in 5.0 is manually create a table on every product page that shows the quantity discounts so the customer is aware that they exist.

I'm sure there is a better solution for a programmer to solve this (I am not that guy I'm afraid), unless I am missing something.

Thanks,
Chris

www.redco.com

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - August 26 2009 :  23:52:28  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we actually created an addon for this a while ago, see:
http://www.bigyellowkey.com/mysoftware_product_details.asp?prdid=204&opu=n
which has a demo link on it which shows the different types of format you can output.

for example, you might have qtydiscounts which are pcts (ie values below 1) rather than prices, and this'll turn them into prices for the display. ie you leave your qtydiscount data as-is, you don't need to alter it, the template-field/functions do all the work to turn it into something meaningfull to output on the display. your data doesn't change, it just gets analysed and then output'd in the right format.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on August 26 2009 23:55:14
Go to Top of Page

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - August 27 2009 :  20:33:10  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks much!

Chris
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00