Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 How Customizable
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hitparader
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - August 12 2009 :  13:21:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, we have a client that runs VP-ASP and as asked us to do a visual redesign of their site. From reading the documentation, it seems that the design options are a bit limited. Our main need is to add a video player to every product page that plays a short snippet of video (this client sells DVDs). So we just need to pull a product ID variable and pass it to the emedded Flash vidoe player in the page so it loads the correct sample clip. Is this practical/possible with VP-ASP (V6 I believe)....thank you

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 12 2009 :  19:36:43  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

VPASP is built using HTML templates so you do have a great deal of control over the look of the site.

If you have a look in our featured sites list you will see what others have done to make their sites virtually unrecognisable as being driven by the VPASP engine.

Version 700 actually includes a YouTube feature where you can either link to a YouTube movie or upload a movie to your server and point to this so it displays on the products page.

With some coding you should easily be able to achieve this for version 600 as well.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - August 16 2009 :  12:55:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are currently rebuilding one of our sites using a virtually complete css.

We had the same comments from the designer but assured them that virtually anything they threw at us could be handled.

Our main two sites are www.temptationsdirect.co.uk and purplepleasures.com. If you look at the code you will se TD is table based, but you will notice PP is much more heavily css based.

The new site is virtually 100% css. It's currently being finished off but you can see the work in progress at test.sinfulsensations.co.uk.

Hope this helps.

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop including vibrators and dildos.
Go to Top of Page

hitparader
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - August 17 2009 :  12:54:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your replies. Very helpful.
Go to Top of Page

felipeguedes
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - August 26 2009 :  00:40:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

I want to display the categories side by side with a horizontal scroll.
So..at moment I'm able to display the categories side by side (working from the VPASP ADMIN), but I didn't find a option to add the horizontal scroll by VPASP.

Probably I have to building a div and apply "overflow: auto;". No problem cause I used that idea for another "include" and worked.

Now I need to find the page who call the include "categories".

please, check the link to see the problem.

http://www.impactgraphics.net.au/shopdisplaycategories.asp

If someone had the similar situation in the past....!! please
Go to Top of Page

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - September 20 2009 :  18:49:20  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Q1.
Get the "FlowPlayer" - 98.5% of broswers / people hav support for it
It is less jerky / Plays from any WebHost
Loads automatically and all you need is
<a href="http://www.your site.com/media/your movie.flv" style="display:block;width:425px;height:300px;" id="player"> </a>
<script language="JavaScript">flowplayer("player", "media/flowplayer-3.1.2.swf"); </script>

Q2
tmp_categorytemple.htm I think
and
SetUp -->> Products1 -->>
xcatmaxcolumns
The maximum number of category columns to be displayed.
I usually use 3...

This is dynamic and will automatically control the width of your Cat Column
With images and special formatting as below you can have a lot of control...

SetUp -->> Search -->> category
xcategoryusetemplate YesNo
Yes means to use templates when formatting categories
xdisplaycategoryimages YesNo
If Yes, the category image is displayed on the top of the page that displays the products. This will add slight overhead to product displays.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
Institute for Higher Learning
[email protected]
http://www.ironhawker.com
425-828-0738
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000