Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Add on Sale
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lisadrc
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - February 11 2003 :  23:10:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know how to have a process within VPASP that allows you to have an "add on sale"?

I would like customers to have an option to buy another product at a cheaper price if they buy the product they first came to the store to buy.

They will not be able to buy the reduced priced item on its own they will have to buy both.

Help??

Joshp97
Starting Member

USA
32 Posts

Posted - February 13 2003 :  16:54:14  Show Profile  Visit Joshp97's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am implementing a similar thing using modified coupons. I'm assigning a coupon to a single user, to be used one time only if a given scenerio occurs. You might want to try something like that. There is quite a bit of code to modify to get it to work. I'm not sure how much you want to get your hands into.

Or you could try adding an item to the cart behind the scene with a negative value.

Go to Top of Page

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - February 14 2003 :  02:01:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You could place an identifier to record the number of items in the cart. If greater than one item (not just quantity), the second gets a discount. Now some validations and messages to the customer would have to be in place. What I meant is the discount is always applied to the cheaper item.
Now if you are forcing a sale of productx and if you buy producty at the same time is another scenario. Use the Discount Group function as in section 18.2
I am just throwing stuff out cause I don't exactly understand which way you are trying to go!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00