Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Converting Access to SQL
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Troy
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - February 12 2003 :  15:47:29  Show Profile  Visit Troy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am moving my data from MS Access to SQL. Has anyone performed data transfer from MS Access to SQL database?

IngaC
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - February 12 2003 :  20:35:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes - we did this successfully back in July of 02. All runs well. It is a little tricky, and certain procedures must be followed. Here is a quote from Graham McCallum who helped during this process:

"You must follow these steps to create the SQL Database and then transfer the data.

1.Use our scripts to create the SQLDatabase as described in the Installation and TroubleShooting Guide.
2.Transfer the data from Access using DTS making sure the tables are not dropped and recreated.

Any other way and the constraints and data types are not created correctly and VP-ASP will not work.

Graham McCallum
VP-ASP Support"

VP-ASP support was very helpful during this process. Good Luck!

Inga

Go to Top of Page

kjs50
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - February 14 2003 :  03:01:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
in your experience, would you have started with sql server form the beginning or migrate as needed?

i am planning on keeping all my pages in static html and would only need access for the shopping cart portion. I expect maybe about a max of 15-30 people at the cart at any one time.

any ideas on how i should start up?

i expect to go with flarehosting.com

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00