Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Category ID as - Help!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

svl_kent
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - August 27 2008 :  15:42:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello!
I bought VP-ASP today and has just starting to work with it - when i suddenly hit the wall with a SHOWSTOPPER!

I have a CRM system with around 1100 categories and 100.000 products, I want to handle all these products with VP-ASP - of course I cant enter all the products again,instead I´m going to have a SQL update engine that updates VP-ASP from the CRM system - and heres the showstopper - my CRM system has categoryID and highercategoryID as VARCHAR - not INTEGER.
With other word - all my 100.000 products oints to Categories that has VARCHAR as id!

Anyone who as any tip to solve that issue - is iy possible to chhange the datatype in VP-ASÅ to VARCHAR? I have tried and get a bunch of error messages :(

Any help would be lovely - otherwise I have just put some dollar in the trash!!

/Kent

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 27 2008 :  19:06:14  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Kent,

You won't be able to change the categoryid field in VPASP to a varchar datatype as this field is used as an auto incrementing field when categories are added to the VPASP system.

You will likely need to map your CRM categoryid to a different field within VPASP.

Unfortunately data transfer issues are hard to advise on unless we can actually see the data you are trying to transfer.

You may be able to export the data from your CRM to a CSV file, and then use VPASP's import tool to import the CSV file after you map the headers of the file as per the instructions at:

http://helpnotes.vpasp.com/shoptocdetail.asp?id=65&cat=Importing+Data#781

If you would like more detailed assistance with this, please get in touch with us through the helpdesk at https://helpdesk.vpasp.com

Thank you.

Michael
VPASP SUPPORT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00