Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 tmp_productformat.htm customization
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gledav
VP-CART New User

Australia
66 Posts

Posted - October 21 2009 :  00:02:26  Show Profile  Visit gledav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi. I'm trying to alter a copy of tmp_productformat.htm so the page that displays products of a certain category has a banner or text at the top of the page only, not for every product displayed on the page. Where in the flow of the html do I put my table that contains my image/text so it's not duplicated for every product? Or is here another way of achieving the same result? Hope someone can help.

Glenn

www.wineseek.com.au
www.creativemusic.com.au
www.mygiftbasket.com.au

jinesh
VP-CART New User

141 Posts

Posted - October 21 2009 :  04:35:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
for this, You have to write the code shoppageheader in shopdisplayproducts.asp....

Jinesh
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - October 21 2009 :  07:22:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glenn,

I think the simplest way to do this is to create a new template eg. christmasCakes.htm in a text or html editor. Add your text and images as required. Copy all the html code.
Then go into your site admin panel and create a new record for the templates table (Edit tables -> Templates) Give your template a name eg tmp_christmasCakesHeader.htm and then paste the html code into the main field. Doing it this way means that you can store the templates in the database and edit them whenever you need to without having to upload the files.
You can now use this template at the top of your category.
Open the category record required, and in the field Cat Extra type in db= followed by the name of your template eg
db=tmp_christmasCakesHeader.htm. Save the record.
In Cart Setup make sure that the field xdisplaycategoryfiles is set to Yes.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

gledav
VP-CART New User

Australia
66 Posts

Posted - October 21 2009 :  21:00:00  Show Profile  Visit gledav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Carrol,

Here's what I did

1. xdisplaycartegoryfiles = yes
2. In Content Templates added a new template called tmp_bannertest.htm
3. pasted simple html into main field and saved record:
<html>
<body>
<table>
TEST
</table>
</body>
</html>
4. Went to subcategory "blue"
5. in Cat Extra field entered: db=tmp_bannertest.htm and saved the record.

However the word "TEST" does not appear On the products page for that category. I don't have a "Edit Tables -> Templates" in my admin. I assume "Content -> Content Templates" achieves the same result. Other than that I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong.

Glenn

www.wineseek.com.au
www.creativemusic.com.au
www.mygiftbasket.com.au
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - October 22 2009 :  03:55:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Glenn,

in your admin panel go to Everyday Tasks -> Advanced -> Edit Tables you should see a drop down list of all the tables in your database. Find the templates table and try adding the name and html of your bannertest template.

Failing that, you could try uploading the template file to your server and add the name of the file minus the db= to the category's Cat Extra field to see if it works separate from the database.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

gledav
VP-CART New User

Australia
66 Posts

Posted - October 22 2009 :  17:46:07  Show Profile  Visit gledav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Carrol,

I can't get it to work by entering the template into the table but it does work when I upload a file to the server. Not sure why. Possibly a permissions thing? I might try support and see if the have an explanation. As ever, thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Glenn

www.wineseek.com.au
www.creativemusic.com.au
www.mygiftbasket.com.au
Go to Top of Page

ghelm23
Starting Member

Philippines
1 Posts

Posted - October 24 2009 :  03:04:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i know it may sound stupid but, can you kindl please help me refresh m memory on finding tmp_productformat.htm?

where am i suppose to look for it?
thank you.

http://www.lowell-group.dpcregistry.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

gledav
VP-CART New User

Australia
66 Posts

Posted - October 28 2009 :  22:37:37  Show Profile  Visit gledav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi ghelm23,

Apologies for the delay. You will find tmp_productformat.htm in your httpdocs directory which is a top level directory for your site's files on your host's server. Hope this helps. If you still can't find it please let me know.

Glenn

www.wineseek.com.au
www.creativemusic.com.au
www.mygiftbasket.com.au
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00