Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 greeting card or special invitation site???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - February 20 2007 :  14:37:17  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone built a site that sells greeting cards or invitations? I've got a client that needs this done and it looks very complex. For example the site tinyprints.com is an example they have given me to base their site off of. The site seems easy up until the point you have to customize or personalize the cards. When they click the personalize button then they can enter in all this other info. That's the part that is confusing to me. I dont' need the info to be displayed on the card, it would be great, but is VPASP able to build a site like this?

I'd just like to know if someone has built a site like this and how to do the personalization aspect with VPASP.

Thanks,
Preston

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 21 2007 :  11:52:37  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you could use features for the bits where they choose/enter their options, but if you wanted to then take the chosen-features across to the card-display to show what it'd look like then that'd need a fairly heavy customisation.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - February 21 2007 :  23:48:09  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I don't really need to get the personalization over to the card on the site, it'd be nice, but I just need an easy way for client to type in what they want the cards to say.

Preston
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 22 2007 :  02:47:59  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Preston,

If you do not need to have the customer to be able to see a graphical look of the card then you could just use features to do what you need.

There an option within the Features tool set that allows customers to enter their own text during ordering.

You could for example have 3 or 4 of these feature text fields to allow customers to decide how many lines they wanted.

As features can have a price attached you could then charge per line perhaps as well.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - February 22 2007 :  20:26:08  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Awesome. That's just what I needed to hear. Thanks, Preston
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00