Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Dynamic Content not displaying
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tamara
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - February 16 2007 :  15:13:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have updated the content pages via the admin and reloaded the Shop Configuration, but when going to shopcontent.asp?type=policies the page is blank except for the shoppage header and footer. I have the template set to tmp_content.htm and the page is on the server. What else needs to be done to have content pages display?

http://www.homeandbathscents.com/shop/shopcontent.asp?type=policies
VP-ASP Plus 6.09

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - February 18 2007 :  20:36:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so you have stuffs on your content table for policies record?

maybe you have Only available to registered users set to Yes?
Go to Top of Page

tamara
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - February 19 2007 :  07:11:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, I have tested turning visability on and off and registered users on and off and I have reloaded the shop configuration a couple of times. The content pages, I have updated 3, all display a blank where the content should load. I don't see any other options to turn this feature on or off. Suggestions please...

shopcontent.asp?type=policies
shopcontent.asp?type=about
shopcontent.asp?type=shipping
Go to Top of Page

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - February 20 2007 :  20:45:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats odd, even when you just installed it by default it will show content
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 20 2007 :  21:55:21  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
looks like you've managed to sort it out, but now you've got a "field not in database" error, which is being caused because you have square brackets in your content text; you'll need to change any instances of square brackets in your content to use something else (normal brackets, or double-quotes, or something else)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

tamara
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - February 21 2007 :  07:43:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A programmer familiar with VPASP finally figured out why the content was not loading. He said "This was a very strange issue. Basically, the value coming from the database for the template name was not recognized when passed through the functions that were being called. After tracing things back to a single point in the code, I referenced the recordset value to a dummy variable to "initialize" it so-to-speak before it was passed into to the function and viola!... The content showed properly on the page because the template file name value was now present."

Now I have to figure out how to get the BYZ Content Add-on to work as well. I have it placed on the home page at www.homeandbathscents.com/shop/ butno content is being loaded.
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 21 2007 :  08:51:28  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if you're having a problem with the byz content addon, your best bet would be to post a support ticket on our site:

http://www.bigyellowzone.com/support

(then "ask a question")

sometimes these things are due to general vpasp bugs, sometimes they're due to something odd with the data, sometimes they're down to something really obscure like the sqlserver 8k recordset bug, and sometimes they're down to something wrong in our addons (although we obviously hope that the latter is never the case, we're happy to have a look to see if it is).

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on February 21 2007 08:56:03
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000