Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 "Add/Edit Products" as default admin page ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

go4gold
VP-CART New User

151 Posts

Posted - January 10 2007 :  23:56:07  Show Profile  Visit go4gold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I will hopefully have many third party suppliers loading their information products onto my site so I have set up a "restricted administrator" called "Suppliers" who can only add and edit their own products. Although these suppliers can see all the admin menu buttons, only the "Add/Edit Products" option works for them. I would therefore like to change the default admin screen so that any administrator goes automatically to "Add/Edit Products" when they sign on. Does anyone know how to do this please.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Go4Gold

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - January 11 2007 :  07:23:00  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good timing as I was toying around with this very idea recently.

You've got your cart in folder XXX and obviously the admin files are in the same folder. Now upload your cart files to another folder YYY and edit that config file to point to your DB. Now you have 2 folders with functioning admin consoles.

Now in XXX folder, you can strip down the admin pages to just what you want the suppliers to see. And in the YYY folder, you keep everything as is because that is your master admin folder and access just for you. Obviously don't publicize the YYY folder to anyone including the suppliers.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

go4gold
VP-CART New User

151 Posts

Posted - January 11 2007 :  13:50:39  Show Profile  Visit go4gold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Eric, sounds very interesting.

Do you mean that I could then delete everything except the Add/Edit Products page on XXX and that the clutter of all the other redundant menu buttons could be removed? The code looks pretty complicated but then I'm still very new to HTML. Could I ask, have you managed to do this successfully already?

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Go4Gold
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00