Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Customers changing details on check out not update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark Priest
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
580 Posts

Posted - January 10 2007 :  16:00:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

This has been going on for a while.

When an existing customer changes their address details in the shopping cart pages these details dont get passed to the order OR updated in the database. This can result in items being shipped to the old address even though the customer has rightly added their new address.

I think the cart should either A, update the details, or B, display the address as text, not editable fields with a link to modify the address.

Regards,

Mark

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 10 2007 :  19:05:17  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Mark,

Can you submit a ticket into the help desk and include a link to te site and if possible the admin details so we can try to replicate as we have not been able to here on our development server.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Mark Priest
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
580 Posts

Posted - January 11 2007 :  00:27:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam,

before i submit the info, can you tell me what results you get? does it update?

Regards,

Mark
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 11 2007 :  07:47:09  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Mark,

I have just carried out a quick test on our development server and the details have updated both in the order and in the customer record.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

LisaGriff
VP-CART New User

USA
90 Posts

Posted - January 17 2007 :  16:57:07  Show Profile  Visit LisaGriff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Was there a quick fix to this issue? I very recently had a customer complain about the very same thing though I am still using Oxford Street on my site.

Thanks,
Lisa

Edited by - LisaGriff on January 17 2007 17:00:49
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 17 2007 :  17:19:21  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Lisa,

We did not find a problem with the core files so you may need to post a ticket in our help desk.

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00