Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 2 sites on one database
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jdb32
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - September 28 2006 :  18:37:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am testing out have 2 sites on one database and it works well except for one thing. If I set the xproductmatch varaible in Shop Configuration, categories do not work. What I mean is if you use the function "DisplayNavcategories" in shoppage_header.htm, the category tree is not displayed. When I click on Products, no Products are displayed and the categories are the top level ones only and clicking on them does nothing. This happens for both sites. I want all products to be displayed on both sites, so productmatch is left blank. Now if I set xproductmatch to No then everything works normal again.

I'm testing on my local system so I can't pass on the ability to access the site.

CHAVOUSA
VP-CART New User

USA
86 Posts

Posted - October 01 2006 :  10:22:27  Show Profile  Visit CHAVOUSA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got the same problem and posted a topic about this but got no responses. The problem with "Top Sellers", "Related Products" and "Random Products" in relation to Product Match was fixed and I got the updated files through tech support, but the problem with the categories has not been fixed and no replies were posted to my topic.

Hopefully tech support is working on that issue as well.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 01 2006 :  19:52:07  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

We are working on a solution for this.

Can you please open a support ticket in our helpdesk at http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk and also send copies of your shopproductsubs.asp files to http://www.vpasp.com/sales/shopcustcontact.asp with the Ticket ID in the subject line so that we can look into this further for you.

Kind regards,
Claire Banks
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

jdb32
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - October 04 2006 :  06:06:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I haven't forgotten it just my real job has me very busy! The helpnote that explains about this topic is missing some information. It may be someplace else that I just missed. Not only can products be displayed on multiple sites using 1 database but also categories. So you could have one category displayed on one site but not the other or may be displayed on both. The problem is, at least with the "DisplayNavcategories", is that this function assumes that if xProductMatch is Yes (configuration table) then a category can ONLY be displayed on the site that is listed in xproductmatch field in shop$config.asp.

Looking at the function GenerateNavsql in shopnavcategories.asp the sql generated is:

SQL="Select * from categories "
sql = Sql & " where highercategoryid=" & highercategoryid
if getconfig("xproductmatch")="Yes" then
     sql=sql & " and productmatch='" & xproductmatch & "'"
end if 

Which is SELECT * from categroies where highercategoryid = 0 AND productmatch='store1' ....

It probably should be SELECT * from categories where (highercategoryid = 0 and productmatch='store1') or (productmatch is null)...

Not sure if this is also what is cauing "NavigateShowCategoriesStyled", not to work correctly when xProductMatch = Yes.

John
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00