Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 VP-ASP 6.00 Patch
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

willy99
VP-CART New User

Italy
108 Posts

Posted - August 07 2006 :  12:14:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear,

I have downloaded the VP-ASP 6.00 Patch, and as I haven't yet customized VP-ASP original file sent to me by VP-ASP I copied all the files of the patch in the shopping folder. I overwrite all the old original files with the new original files.

In your opinion is correct ?

Thanks.
Willy99-Italy

gupster
VP-CART New User

101 Posts

Posted - August 07 2006 :  16:26:00  Show Profile  Visit gupster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah im quite sure thats as simple as it gets. The problem with my site is its had serious customisation and i have a feeling nearly all the new files will mess it up so ive had to send them all to my designer.

Just wondering if vpasp is going to go the route of Invision forums and joomla CMS in the way of templates you can add through the system. You wont get update problems then.

www.reactionclubwear.co.uk
www.reactionclothing.co.uk
www.reactionlingerie.co.uk
www.reactionvision.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

rustytec
VP-CART New User

Australia
113 Posts

Posted - August 07 2006 :  18:14:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I'm not sure about "Invision forums and joomla CMS" but I use Winmerge.

It is an excellent program that allows you to compare line by line the new file against your current file.

It highlights the differences and allows you to easily see what has changed or been added. It has a function that allows you to easily copy bulk code lines from one panel to the other (one panel is the new code and the other your code).

It makes updates much simpler.

Worth a look at.

I know there are other posts in the forum on the subject also.

Just do a google search for WinMerge, it's also free, that makes it even better.

JMO

cheers

rustytec
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00