Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Modify "Information"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikehenson
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - May 29 2006 :  12:44:51  Show Profile  Visit mikehenson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I want to modify the information pages: Shipping & Returns, Terms & Conditions and Privacy but can someone please tell me where they are?

Thanks

Mike

Constantine
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - May 29 2006 :  20:24:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey,

In occassional tasks in your admin there is a heading called content.

Under this heading there is an option called View/Edit Content

When you click on this link you agre taken to a page that you can edit all your content pages.

Constantine
Go to Top of Page

mikehenson
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  13:24:04  Show Profile  Visit mikehenson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Constantine
Go to Top of Page

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  13:26:06  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can also create new content pages.
The FrontPage content is in /default.asp or whatever template you end up using- calling.
You can also modify shoppage_trailer.htm to include custom messages.
Plenty of good stuff here http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

mikehenson
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  13:33:33  Show Profile  Visit mikehenson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Randy

The supplied information menu is perfect for my requirements but I do want to change a couple of items on the main menu. I know the files are horonavbar.html and horonavbar_divs.html but the content is ASP and I don't know how to change them, can you help?

Regards

Mike
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  02:18:02  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike,

The horonavbar.html and horonavbar_divs.html files are actually HTML files with a couple of ASP snippets included so the menu items can be translated dynamically.

You can remove these and simply add your own menu item name if you like and will not have a multi lingual site.

Thanks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

mikehenson
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - May 31 2006 :  13:52:49  Show Profile  Visit mikehenson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh right, thanks Cam

Not understanding ASP I was reluctant to touch it in case there are other ramifications.

Kind regards

Mike
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00