Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 ''Static'' breadcrumbs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Crumplezone
Starting Member

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - April 28 2005 :  09:43:01  Show Profile  Visit Crumplezone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm struggling to get VPASP to work in the way I want. I have a fairly complex sub-category structure (4 suppliers, 5 product subcategories each, so I have many sub-categories to cover all bases).

As a result the default view of shopcategoriesdisplay.asp is messy and I don't want to use it and want to use my own version of default.htm instead.

I intended to set up static HTML pages (EG a page for each manufacturer with product sub-categories) which then link to shopcategoriesdisplay.asp which then displays the relevant products.

This works fine _except_ for the breadcrumb trail. Because it is dynamically generated the 'Categories' link always takes you back to the default version of shopcategoriesdisplay.asp, which I don't want.

I basically need control over the breadcrumb trail links so I can direct the user back to the static HTML pages. 'Categories' needs to link to default.htm and the second breadcrumb trail link needs to link back to the relevant static page. The second link I assume will have to be dynamic as it is dependant on what category you are in, but it still needs to be controlled so it doesn't link back to shopcategoriesdisplay.asp. Although I can cope with this if I have to as it will be category specific at that point.

I hope you understand what I'm getting at. Any help greatly appreciated.

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - April 28 2005 :  12:22:15  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey There,

I think I see what you're getting at. Can you post a sample breakcrumb layout for your site so I can get a better picture though?

All the best,

Jon Madrid
---------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting Services
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page

Crumplezone
Starting Member

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - May 02 2005 :  03:48:44  Show Profile  Visit Crumplezone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The site is at http://www.dartscrazy.hostinguk.com/vpasp/

Click on the 'Darts' image then 'Harrows'. They're the only ones working at the moment.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00