VP-ASP :: Shopping Cart Software

Shopping Cart Software Solutions for anywhere in the World

US/Canada(Toll Free): +1 888 587 2278
Europe/UK: +44 (020) 7193 9408
Australia/New Zealand: +61 3 9016 4497

VP-ASP Shopping Cart Customer Forum

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Fedex Database not retreiving shipping values
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sulli
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - March 21 2005 :  05:17:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm using version 5.0, building a practice site on my local PC trying to familiarize myself with all the shopping cart functions. It's going pretty well, even though I have no web developing or programming experience, but I'm having difficulty with shipping costs. I installed the fedex db files and made the changes in shop config & shipmethods table as instructed. I only ship Fedex Ground, so this is my default ship method and the only ship method listed in the ship method table. I fill out the shipping form and select Fedex Ground as the shipping method and am taken to the fedex.asp page that lists the total weight and offers the shipping method drop down list. Here's where I meet a roadblock. The drop down list offers
2 choices--"select" and "select" It does not appear to be retrieving the ship methods or shipping costs values. I've quadruple checked to make sure all the config settings and shipmethod tables are correct. Does anyone see something I'm missing or lead me in the right direction to look from here? Any suggestions would be truely appreciated.

Brad
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - March 21 2005 :  13:16:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I don't know what postal zone you are trying to obtain rates for? I had a similar problem when I first configured my FedEx Add-On (from VPASP version 5.0) some two years ago. In my case, it worked on all zones except zone 8. And how I finally did get to fix it was by going back to the fedEx ground table in the add-on and changing the column title for zone 8 from zon_8 to zone_8. You will find that the title was mislabeled. This mislabeling carries over to version 5.5. Once I did that, the shipping cost value appeared. Hope it solves your problem.

Brad

Go to Top of Page

sulli
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - March 21 2005 :  15:29:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brad,
Thank you so much for your reply. I too was trying to ship to Zone 8 and was hoping this was the problem, so I tried shipping to Zone 5 but still didn't work. I took a look at the column titles in all my tables, but didn't find any mispelling errors. My fedexzones table lists 4 columns: ID, DestZip, Express, Ground. My ground table begins with column ID, then Weight, followed by Zone 2, Zone 3, Zone 4, etc. (not zone_2, zone_3 zone_4, etc.) I guess I will try adding the _ to see if helps. (I'll try anything at this point) I did find an error in my fedexshipmethods table however. It has 5 columns: shipmethodid, shipmethod, table, shiproutine, and the last column said UPSZone. I changed this to fedexzones, but this made no difference either.
I know this is a lenghy post, but I am trying to help everyone visualize this. As I said before, I am not an experienced web developer or programmer. I have not changed, or added anything to code in the files. I don't know if I need to.
If you, tech support, or anyone else can help me-PLEASE DO. Thanks in advance.



Go to Top of Page

Brad
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - March 22 2005 :  21:29:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sulli,

I'm sorry to hear you'r still having trouble with the fedex add-on. If it would be of any help, here is what my settings look like for shipping configuration:

xdefaultshipping method: NO
xdeliveryshipping: NO
xfixedshippingcost: 0
xfixedshippingmethod: UPS
xmerchantshipzip: Here I typed in my zip code
xshipping by country: NO (I chose no here because I only ship withing the US).
xshippingcalc: OTHER
xshippingdatabaserecords: YES
xshippingform: YES
xshippingfree: I LEFT THIS ROW BLANK
xshippingfreeproducts: NO
xshippingselection: YES
xshippingsetfields: NO

Please note that I left out some rows that had nothing in the record. For shipmethods, I had the following values:

shipmethodid: This is automatically generated
shipmethod: Fedex ground
smprice: 0
filename: fedex.asp
Country: US

I listed all of this so that you can cross-check them against yours. It worked for me.

Let me know if your luck improves!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000