Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Random Display and 300 products
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - March 06 2005 :  00:54:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

My default page uses the Random display feature wherein items change everytime a user clicks on the default page. However, it suddenly starts loading the default page slowly, but if a user clicks on other links such as contact us, display categories, etc. there is no problem.

There is no change on my design and code except that my products are up to 315 now..It shouldn't be a problem, right? I hope that 315 is definitely not a lot. Does anyone have a problem like this? suggestions, anybody?

wws
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - March 06 2005 :  10:13:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm working on a store that has approx 700 products and have been playing with the random products feature. Have not seen any issues of slower loading of the default page.

Are you using an Access database by chance?

Go to Top of Page

shopcomputer
VP-CART New User

USA
57 Posts

Posted - March 06 2005 :  11:04:23  Show Profile  Visit shopcomputer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I tried Random images at a time, however we stopped using it because of slow loading. We have over 8000 items using SQL.

Go to Top of Page

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - March 06 2005 :  11:16:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks! I use MSAccess and here are some trouble shooting I did but did not help.

1. Compacted the database
2. Upload an old default.asp (Actually, my default page never changed but just for the sake of it, I uploaded an old version but has the exact same code and style just few days older)
3. Uploaded an old database....
4. Remove the Random value. Made the page static.
5. Decreased the number of items on the Random Page from 4 to 1 (thinking that maybe the random page is too much overhead)

All same result, there is a 9-15 second lag on my default page when it loads. Everything else on my links are fast.

The other thing I noticed is that there is no Lag in Firefox! Everything is ok in Firefox but not IE 6.

Any idea? Help? Anybody? Thanks!

Edited by - keng on March 06 2005 11:42:18
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00