Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Suggestions for future release
 Mail List Management
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

StevenWWinters
Starting Member

47 Posts

Posted - November 10 2004 :  22:03:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be ideal to have a way for customers to subscribe/unsubscribe from the maillist via an email message sent with either those words in the subject or by sending a message to a specific email address such as [email protected].

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - November 11 2004 :  00:26:25  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is part of VP-ASP 5.x

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

StevenWWinters
Starting Member

47 Posts

Posted - November 11 2004 :  06:00:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you saying that a customer can send an unsubscribe email message to the shopping cart and be unsubscribed from the maillist? Where is this documented and how is it configured? What I'm asking for is the ability to automate unsubscribes without merchant intervention, much the way a listserv works.

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - November 11 2004 :  06:26:16  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I might be wrong, but i don't think support are hinting at that; I think they're saying that it might be possible for you to add an unsubscribe link inside the email that you send the customer, and they can click on that link to unsubscribe.

there's no generic vpasp way to be able to process your incoming emails and then use those emails to interact with the database; you'd need some kind of separate auto-responder software for that I think.

vpasp will just create/send your emails; it's up to the site owner to process them (but, like i say, I might be wrong).

the developer/merchant guides will probably give you the syntax that you'd need to create an unsubscribe link; then you can just add that into your email templates with a bit of text saying "click here to unsubscribe"

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on November 11 2004 06:31:31
Go to Top of Page

StevenWWinters
Starting Member

47 Posts

Posted - November 15 2004 :  05:08:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree. I don't think the product does this, but that is why I requested it as a future enhancement. The response from support seems to indicate that it does. I think this part of the product could use some improvement for newsletter mailings to customers.

Go to Top of Page

eabrams
VP-CART New User

USA
72 Posts

Posted - November 15 2004 :  06:59:45  Show Profile  Visit eabrams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For our customers we do not use the mailing list in VPASP. We intercept the mailing list information on checkout and send a subscribe message to the customers external mailing list, autoresponder, etc...

Gives the customers that have an existing external list the abbility to add to their list.

go to www.spws.net for my email.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00