Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Can suppliers be set up to add their own products?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bacwebdesign
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - August 30 2004 :  12:05:10  Show Profile  Visit bacwebdesign's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I used to use VPASP a few years ago. I recently upgraded to version 5.0. Can you tell me if I can:

1) Set up "sub-administror" accounts for my suppliers so they can go in and add their own products to the site?

2) Limit the fields they have access to? (Allowing me to approve their product listing before it shows in the store.)

3) Hide fields I do not plan on using in my cart admin area?

Just wondering.

Thanks!

bacwebdesign
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - October 04 2004 :  18:54:22  Show Profile  Visit bacwebdesign's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anyone?

Go to Top of Page

Jill
VP-CART Super User

USA
249 Posts

Posted - October 05 2004 :  10:57:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bacweb,

You can set up the admin to allow in suppliers, and limit the tables they can see, and limit them to editing only their own products. It's been a while since I did this, so you might want to check with support before actually doing it. This is for v5 - I think you go into your admin and create an account and have the user name be "supplier". Set the tables you want them to see (usually only the product table). Then, after they register as a supplier, their login info will only allow them to see the supplier stuff.

In V5.5, there is a "short" product adding/editing form. You could probably adapt that to your needs.

HTH!
Jill

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00