Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Suggestions for future release
 Improvements for this forum
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - April 16 2004 :  21:48:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I know this post doesn't really belong in this category, but there isn't a better category, so here goes:

Please consider improving the notification in this forum. Many forums allow you to flag a topic when you post to it. An email is sent to you every time a reply is added to the topic. This is extremely useful as it is not possible to always keep checking back to all of your posts to see if they have recieved a response. For example, I have noticed some users have posted code or ideas, and have finally received a response in the forum several years later. Chances are, they aren't still checking back after two years to see if there is any interest in their post, but they may be excited to find that their efforts helped someone else. It is very time consuming to keep checking all the categories to see of your posts have received a response.

Another very useful feature that is already possible in this forum, but has been disabled, is the ability to email other users. Of course, they should be able to opt-out, but many, like me would be open to an email to them through the system even if they prefer not to post their address in a robot or crawler-readable forum.

Nathan

Edited by - greatphoto on April 16 2004 22:20:52

eabrams
VP-CART New User

USA
72 Posts

Posted - April 16 2004 :  22:06:12  Show Profile  Visit eabrams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good ideas!

go to www.spws.net for my email.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00