Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Comments about VP-ASP
 Norton Security 2004 Problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alan F
VP-CART New User

102 Posts

Posted - March 03 2004 :  14:03:27  Show Profile  Visit Alan F's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There appears to be a problem caused by Norton Internet Security 2004 causes an error page if the customer clicks the 'Continue shopping' button

Please could anyone tell me if there is a fix for this

Alan

GTM
VP-CART New User

USA
122 Posts

Posted - March 03 2004 :  17:31:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In order to get a better idea using internet explorer you can show the asp error message by going to Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab > and uncheck 'Show friendly HTTP error messages' or you can use another browser to get a better description of the error you are receiving. I'm just trying to figure out if this is related to Norton.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - March 04 2004 :  00:07:30  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Refer the reply to the post
http://vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2398
by support. That articles seams interesting.
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.

[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

AstroBoy
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - March 30 2004 :  23:33:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are working with VP.ASP and have Norton's Internet Security on, I suggest you turn it off. I had innumerable problems while working with it, contacted support, took their advice, and voila! problems dissappeared. I think it blocks some scripts which are integral to the authoring process. Importing databases is one problem which took me a while to sort out - turning of Nortons removed the issue.

Regards, Me

Go to Top of Page

jamiedailey
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - April 22 2004 :  10:06:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
Has anyone heard or figured out if Norton's 2004 is indeed a problem
for shoppers? From his question, it sounded as if the customer cannot shop without going back to an error message. Please help as I haven't bought this shopping cart yet and I need advice before this big decision!
thanks so much!
Jamie

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 22 2004 :  13:57:08  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is an advanced feature, not a default, called continue shopping dynamic where VP-ASP attempts to locate the last page being used so that continue shopping button goes to a dynamic page and not a fixed page that you decide on.

This seems to be the only function affected by the comments above.

Howard Kadetz
VP-ASP

Go to Top of Page

atari
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - May 12 2004 :  18:22:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A user on your site will have no problems if they are running norton. The only problems are if you're trying to use IIS, serving an ASP site, with norton on. It will block the asp from acting in similar ways to a malicious script.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00