Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 FedEx Configuration - formatting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jpipitone
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - December 02 2003 :  21:03:58  Show Profile  Visit jpipitone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm currently working on 1 Beyond's shopping cart (a client of mine). When a user orders something, and they select the FedEx option, the fedex.asp page loads - however, there is an unecessary amount of spacing between the text:

"Select FedEx Shipping Method

Total Weight is 25 lbs"

and the shipping method pulldown - how can I get rid of this space?

http://www.1beyond.com/shop/shopdisplaycategories.asp

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - December 02 2003 :  21:57:38  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There are a few things at play here:

1) The first two lines ("Select FedEx Shipping Method" and "Total Weight...") are generated using the ShopWriteHeader sub which creates the HTML with a "<br>" tag at the end of it. That's used for all headers throughout the site and will account for one line break per heading on this page as well.

2) Next, around line 85 of fedex.asp there is a line that looks like this:

response.write "<br><br>"

You can take that out and get two lines back. The source code on your site is showing that there are three <br> tags between "Total Weight..." and the "Shipping Method" select box. Those three would be the trailing <br> from "Total Weight" plus the two at line 85 that I mentioned above.

Taking out the two <br> tags at line 85 should even things out and pull the lines up closer for you. That would leave you with just one line break between each of those elements.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page

jpipitone
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - December 02 2003 :  22:10:34  Show Profile  Visit jpipitone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That helped a bit - but where is this ShopWriteHeader sub?

Go to Top of Page

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - December 02 2003 :  22:22:50  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Its in the shop$db.asp file... around line 2055.

Be careful when changing that though. That sub is used throughout the site so any changes there will be reflected all over, and they may not always be desireable.

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page

jpipitone
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - December 02 2003 :  22:47:41  Show Profile  Visit jpipitone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK - that seemed to help the spacing problems - how do I add an extra <br> where the Continue button appears at the bottom of the form?

Go to Top of Page

jpipitone
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - December 02 2003 :  22:51:23  Show Profile  Visit jpipitone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nevermind!! I figured that out...

One question left - How do I arrange the Credit Card logos to the left rather than the standard center that they are now?

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - December 03 2003 :  00:02:11  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Glad that worked out for you.

Here's how you left justify the credit card images on shopcheckout.asp. Around line 382 (in the addCreditImages sub) look for:

Response.write "<div align=center>"

and replace it with this:

Response.write "<div align=left>"

That's it. Easy as cake. Hope that helps.

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000