Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Electronic Gateways
 Do Not Integrate Paypal or ....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MannyM
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - November 01 2003 :  09:18:00  Show Profile  Visit MannyM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you really want to integrate and accept Paypal payments? We processed an order for almost US$300.00 from a computer reseller who paid us via Paypal. We complied with ALL the Paypal requirements to make sure that we would be fully protected. Somehow, the reseller - Nicholas Rizzio of NRJinc.com of Lincolnwood, Illinois - managed to convince his credit card company to stop payment to Paypal. The short story is that Paypal took all the money back from our account and we NEVER got our merchandise back, and Paypal simply told us that there was nothing they could do. Of course we have sued NJRinc. but up to now we still do not have our money nor our merchandise. Had we taken a credit card payment directly from the customer, we would have been able to convince our merchant bank not to issue a credit until we had our merchandise back. So a merchant actually gets better protection by accepting credit cards than by accepting Paypal. To hear more stories (around 13,000 horror stories so far) about Paypal, visit the following websites:

www.PaypalSucks.com
www.PaypalWarning.com

So BEFORE you integrate and accept Paypal, think about the consequences to you. Good luck.

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - November 02 2003 :  18:47:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry wrong. All CC are up for chargebacks if the customer wishes to do so. The onus is on you to prove that the items were delivered and SIGNED for by the party on the CC. The banks will not back you up unless you have satisfied these requirments. Even worse yet if you sell electronic goods, cause there in NO way to ever sign for them, whereas you can have the courier get a signature upon delivery for hard goods. I have been stung this way.

Go to Top of Page

searley
VP-CART New User

169 Posts

Posted - November 04 2003 :  04:58:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are exceptions to this..

Worldpay offer the gurantee, and as long as there was no warning issued to the transaction you WILL get the money

I have had serveral chargebacks reveresed!!

Superal, talking of chargebacks.. can you email me!!

--
Quality Printer Consumables
http://www.inkcarts.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

MannyM
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - November 24 2003 :  19:36:46  Show Profile  Visit MannyM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's the thing. I WAS able to prove that the customer received the merchandise. In fact, the customer did NOT deny receiving the merchandise. He simply told his credit card issuer that he was not happy and that he wanted to stop payment. So the credit card issuer simply stopped payment to Paypal and Paypal took the money out of our account. I know we will eventually win in court, but this proves that Paypal is extremely dangerous to do business with.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00