Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 Pre Sales Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ossie
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - October 14 2003 :  01:04:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a discount question that can get fairly complex so here goes

My client is selling soft goods that are immediately downloadable once call back has been received from world pay, he needs to set the following discounts

If a customer has bought from the store previously he gets a discount. If the total number of products he has PREVIOUSLY PURCHASED is between 1 & 10 he gets 5% discount, between 11 & 20 he gets 10% and so on to a maximum of 25%, Selected customers are also offered a fixed discount on all purchases as well as the opportunity to enter a discount coupon, Can VPASP do this, or how much of a modification is it to add.

Cheers

Lee

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - October 14 2003 :  17:48:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Customization:
Similar to what I did for sales people tracking. We pay on an accumulative sales quantity and gets discounted accordingly. VPASP does not do this in any version. You have to add it.
VPASP can have products and/or categories tagged to customers. It is set up such that you basically have to tag every category or product to align with customer types. Lots of admin work. I changed the cart such that it defaults to a certain type. If the customer type is different than normal, I just have to edit those products, categories or prices that pertain to them. Lots less work and will not accidently display something cause you forgot to enter the customer match.
Mine works flawlessly. We have retail and wholesale. Retail NEVER even sees or knows that a wholesale side exists. Wholesale gets to see both sides but is given their price and discount structure always. Took me a week of programming to get it perfect in v4. Makes me shutter how much I have to do to add all of my stuff to v5.

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 14 2003 :  19:34:06  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
VP-ASP already supports a fixed discount per customer and discount coupons. We do not have discount based on previous purchases. The customization to do such a discount is not hard (1-2 hours work) and we are happy to quote on doing it

VP-ASP Support
http://www.vpasp.com/sales/shopcustcontact.asp

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00